In repsonse to the growing Covid-19 Pandemic, and the shortage of readily available hand sanitiser, Union Distillers have expanded their production lines to produce Anti-Bacterial Hand Sanitiser.
Our Union Distillers Hand Sanitiser is made to the exact ingredients, method and guidelines set out by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and is available in 2.8ltr refillable pouches with tap; 5ltr Container with screw lid; 25ltr Container with screw lid and 1000ltr IBC.
WHO-recommended Hand Sanitiser
To help countries and health-care facilities to achieve system change and adopt alcohol-based handrubs as the gold standard for hand hygiene in health care, WHO has identified formulations for their local preparation. Logistic, economic, safety, and cultural and religious factors have all been carefully considered by WHO before recommending such formulations for use worldwide.
At present, alcohol-based handrubs are the only known means for rapidly and effectively inactivating a wide array of potentially harmful microorganisms on hands.
WHO recommends alcohol-based handrubs based on the following factors:
- evidence-based, intrinsic advantages of fast-acting and broad-spectrum microbicidal activity with a minimal risk of generating resistance to antimicrobial agents;
- suitability for use in resource-limited or remote areas with lack of accessibility to sinks or other facilities for hand hygiene (including clean water, towels, etc.);
- capacity to promote improved compliance with hand hygiene by making the process faster and more convenient;
- economic benefit by reducing annual costs for hand hygiene, representing approximately 1% of extra-costs generated by HCAI
- minimization of risks from adverse events because of increased safety associated with better acceptability and tolerance than other products.
For optimal compliance with hand hygiene, handrubs should be readily available, either through dispensers close to the point of care or in small bottles for on-person carriage.
Our hand sanitiser is available in both liquid and gel forms and can be used to refill existing spray or pump dispensers. Existing containers should be washed thoroughly before refilling with Sanitiser. This liquid is flammable so it must be kept away from naked flames.
The sanitiser must not be swallowed and kept away from Children.